Before you dive into these great results, come sign up for our next challenge! See details and join Hot Summer Nights
After posting the challenge results, it came to our attention (thanks @fourwhitefeet via Twitter) that we included a couple days of additional rides in the results. We will still be distributing prizes to everyone as recognized in the last results post, but we wanted to post the corrections to set the record straight, and anyone mentioned in this post that was not previously mentioned will also receive their prizes!
Completed the Full TdF Challenge, riding 2172.9 miles in 23 days!
- bikenh: 2,175 miles (3,500 km).
- Erco Argante: 2,210 miles (3,556 km).
- We initially recognized Two others, Jeffrey Timm and wrightcycle, but with the corrected results they barely didn't make it with 2,040.5 and 1,820.1 miles respectively. Still very impressive! Nice work guys!
Fastest average speed
- Full TdF: Erco Argante, averaging 15.7 mph (25.3 kph) over 2,210 miles (3,556 km). Nice work, it was Jeffrey Timm before corrections.
- 1/2 TdF: Chris Dittmore, averaging 18.9 mph (30.4 kph) over 1,436 miles (2,3112 km). Chris kept his spot and improved his speed from 18.36 to 18.9 with corrections!
- 1/4 TdF: northEndBent, averaging a blazingly-fast 22.9 mph (36.7 kph). Nice increase in speed, originally 22.07 mph!
- 1/4 TdF runner up: The Digital Jedi makes the list for fastest average speed in the 1/4 TdF for a standard bike. Let's face it, we can't compete head to head with these recumbent riders! The Digital Jedi came impressively close though with an average speed of 21.2 mph (34.1 kph). No change here!
Highest average VAM
- Full TdF: Erco Argante with an average VAM of 506.48 over 2,210 miles (3,556 km). No change!
- 1/2 TdF: cmc with an average VAM of 683.8 over 1,504 miles (2,420 km). It was perryjudd before, but with corrections he barely missed the 1/2 challenge miles.
- 1/4 TdF: rui manuel with an average VAM of 1052.7! Same person with corrections, slightly different VAM.
Most climbing per mile/km
- Full TdF: Erco Argante climbed a jaw-dropping 159,225 ft (48,531 m) in a similarly impressive 2,210 miles (3,556 km). This is 72 feet of climbing for every mile (or 13.6 meters for every km). What can we say though, he rode the actual TdF! Check out this brutal mountain stage logged by Erco. No change here!
- 1/2 TdF: cmc climbed nearly as much as Erco in 700 fewer miles, ascending 158,084 ft (48184 m) in "only" 1,504 miles (2,422 km). This comes out to an impressive 105 feet of climbing for every mile (or 19.9 meters for every km). Most of his rides are private, but take a look at the elevation profile for his last ride of the challenge. Can't be too surprised about winning this category with rides like that! No change here either!
- 1/4 TdF: Stephen Ax ascended 93,815 ft (28,595 m) in 1,024.6 miles (1,649 km). That's a lot of climbing, coming out to 91.6 feet per mile (or 17.3 meters per km). This is a new result after the corrections, congratulations!
Join our next challenge!
Our next challenge is starting soon, so come join it! Hot Summer Nights is all about getting time in the saddle and enjoying those long hot August days. The challenge will last 3 weeks, (from Aug 4 through Aug 26) and you can choose from 15, 30, or 60 hour challenges. The 30 hour challenge works out to being slightly less demanding than the 1/4 TdF. We're hoping to motivate the more casual riders or those with a busy August schedule to at least get out there with the 15 hour challenge, and for those of you that are ready to step up and complete something roughly on par with the 1/2 TdF challenge, join the 60 hour!
If you have any questions about TdF Challenge Results (corrections) email us at firstname.lastname@example.org